Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May 17, 2011

This is a special post because it is a poem I wrote recently while I was attending a retreat with the women of Sanctuary Christian Fellowship in Denver, Colorado. I hope it speaks to you in some way as it did for some of the women at the retreat.

You will find me in the quiet
In the stillness of your heart
Beyond all the noises
We won't be far apart

You will find me in the silence
In that space inside your soul
Where you listen to the whistling winds
And where you sleep in gold

I will find you when you cry
And dry your every tear
I'll hold you in your brokenness
And take away your fear

You have no need to worry
I'll hold you in my hands
I'll keep you safe and shelter you
I'll mark you in my plans

Please don't ever doubt me
I promise you the best
I'll never ever fail you
In me you'll find your rest

1 comment:

  1. thank you Christie. this is the God I know, I can sleep now.

    ReplyDelete