Monday, May 16, 2011

May 16, 2011

"Your timing may not be my timing, but I promise things will work out."
-Love, God



I realize I have not posted in over a year. Time tends to get the better of me sometimes. However, last year, when God put it on my heart to create this little blog, I wanted to make sure the words I posted were from Him, not me. This is not to say God stopped speaking to or through me after those first few postings, but perhaps I may not have been listening carefully enough for His words. Then I wonder why I don't hear from Him when I really need Him. I rarely take the time to be patient with Him just as He is with me.

We are always so impatient as humans. We feel like we need instant responses, gratifications, and answers. We are rarely willing to just... wait. This is the same with our relationship with God. The Bible is filled with stories of people waiting and having to be patient. Since I was curious, I typed the word "wait" into the search field at
http://www.biblegateway.com/ and it came up with 129 results! Here are just a few of them:



  • "Moses answered them, 'Wait until I find out what the LORD commands concerning you.'" (Numbers 9:8)

  • "Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart..." (Psalm 27:14)

  • "Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him..." (Psalm 37:7)

  • "But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently." (Romans 8:25)
And there are plenty more. We so easily forget that God is eternally patient with us and yet we do not give Him the same satisfaction. His timing is ALWAYS perfect, whether we believe it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment